Naïvety's Star (lady_noremon) wrote,
Naïvety's Star


First off; the week before last, I finally got my bathouse up! 16 feet up!


Well yesterday was my MRI. We left early because it is a long drive, and I had a lot of errands to do beforehand. I took back a package of No Name beef patties that I was going to return anyway as they were greasy, salty, & had a mealy (like suet) texture, but because of the beef recall I received a full refund instead of an exchange. I only got that kind because on the day I did Atlantic Superstore was out of the President's Choice kind I get in either the beef or vegetarian. I feel blasphemous though because sometimes I make gravy with beef OXO for vegetarian burgers (I eat them like sailsbury steak or with eggs). While there I managed to find a case of San Pellegrino Aranciata [I love it but it seems that if a place starts carrying it, they ten stop. San Pellegrino also changed the packaging & can colour (from a lovely deep blue, to a light blue & orange)] & some Pocky. And Joe Fresh has sweaters that I want one of, so if anyone's local Superstore sells the mustard style, I'd pay for it/shipping. I also had to exchange on the bags in the peacock set I got because it was missing a foot when I unpacked them to take pictures. Being a Bentley bag it has a warranty~ I also finally picked-up that Sir Isaac Brock book I ordered. My nausea was also horrible that day, along with heartburn, and on the drive I had to get my mom to pull-over to the side of the road so I could vomit into a ditch :/ Anyway I also shopped around for a giraffe baby toy (preferably that squeaked) for the son of a guy I grew-up with that's a family friend of June's. He is younger than me FFS :/ Shopper's Drugmart was out of their version of that fancy squeaky giraffe, and so I decided to wait until I got up to Wal*Mart even though I saw a nice giraffe rattle at Mind Bender Toys. Well Wal*Mart is very, very lacking on baby toys & such. But I eventually after searching found their last baby towel & washcloth with a giraffe on it set (and "Little Cutie" with a palm tree). I also bought a cheap blue horse named 'Clip-Clop' that squeaks loudly. Giraffes are my favourite things for baby items, especially with teal or green. I almost bought some Hallowe'en outfits for the cats, but they only had 4 (we have 5 cats) collars & the sweaters were a few dollars more than I had left in my budget--So I'll wait until the Greenwood Wal*Mart (where Zellers was) opens and see if they have seasonal stuff in. Pumpkin sweaters for my brats at least. I also didn't find any wigs I could use for anything either :( I was thinking of maybe going as Snake (999!Snake) without the fancy jacket, but I couldn't find a short wig that I could either dye or that was already grey. I have the short-sleeved white shirt, dress pants, and a reddish tie. I'm not doing Lorel this year (I have the last 2 years), and none of my cosplays are really good for Hallowe'en, so I don't know what to be. I outgrew my Eighth Doctor jacket (when I gained some weight back), and the ascot fell apart. I have the hair for Armand, but if any Vampire Chronicles character, I'd go for Lestat again (Nicki is my favourite character though). I asked for suggestions on Plurk/Twitter/Facebook, but I don't think I'll get any answers.


We arrived at Valley Regional around 4:40PM and I went to the front desk. I showed them my referral & asked about the telephone. They told me not to worry about it as I was pre-registered, and just go sit in the waiting room. So that's what I did. And I waited, and waited, and waited. Eventually people in scrubs came and escorted everyone out for their tests. At 1/4 to 6:00PM I was worried so I went & tried the telephone.

The couple of ladies let me in and were worried that I wasn't going to show. I was anxious that they'd scold me, or that I wouldn't get to have my MRI (leading to another 6 month wait & maybe seeing Dr. Clarke again). BUT it's a common thing for the front desk to send people to the wrong room & they weren't really fazed at all. I sat in the MRI waiting room proper, which had a a large television with rabbit ears that were the goldish colour old floor model/panelled models have. I wanted to take a picture because the room reminded me of an old spy movie, but the younger of the 2 entered then. I had to orally answer questions about my health, if there was a chance I had any metal inside me, my hernia surgery, and such. I have no idea if I've had an MRI before, but given that I had a seizure when I was little (I had a ridiculous fever that got too high), I probably have but don't remember it. My mom doesn't know either. Anyway the other lady gave me a Johnny shirt and told me to go choose a locker for my stuff & to go get changed. I snuck a few pictures since I decided to take my purse with me [I was going to leave it with Mom, but she was agitated and has in the past just taken-off & left me places (thus me wanting my purse)]. I chose locker #1, despite 3 being my favourite number, because the keyholder reminded me of the Kocher Forceps from the Operating Room in 999. The lockers were in reverse numbered order (3-1). ...And alsi reminded me of a puzzle in the Operating Room in 999...

After I was done I went to the magnet room & knocked and the cold air hit me as soon as I entered. The lights were very dim, and there was a blue hue to everything. The Bone Density/Mammography/MRI waiting room was poorly lit, but this was as if all the florescent lights could barely stay on (no flickering though). I thought the room would be noisy, but there was just the hum of fans. I had forgotten to take my glasses off, so one technologist took my glasses & the keyholder, while the other put a sheet over the MRI table/bed. I laid down on it, and after I had my knee in the little foam trough(sp?) and had something that felt like pads of X-ray vest material tucked-in over it, I got a pillow to put under my head. I have a habit of holding my hands together/interlocking my fingers, but they gave me little pads to put under my forearms & told me not to have my hands touch and to keep my arms resting on my abdomen. After I was given a 'call button' to squeeze if I needed them, (it looked like the end of blood-pressure pump, attached to a long cord) and then they covered my feet/right leg with a towel (and was told to keep said leg turned in). They placed giant headphones over my ears (to muffle the noise, and so they could communicate to me) and headed-off into their little room.

The slow glide into the chamber wasn't so bad, but it off-put my low blood-pressure a bit when it first jolted into motion. I wasn't in all the way at first, just up to my elbows. But after the first 4 minute picture they slid me in farther. I actually found it roomy, but I also prefer small spaces, so there's that. I probably could have moved around a bit if I was allowed to. I actually recalled that old late-night sexual education show where in one episode they showed MRI's of couples & masturbation. But anyway I could feel the fans' air hitting me, and on top of the already cold room I was freeeeeeezing! To the point I had borderline painful goosebumps all over...among other things. I really wish they had given me a towel for over my arms & neck. I was expecting sounds like a jackhammer, but the noise was more various beeps, a sound like an old scanner, fans, and a whirring. Their was occasionally clicks as the table moved, but it was mostly just lower octave beeps. It lasted around an hour, with each picture taking around 4-5 minutes. One of the technologists would say when one was going to start for most of them. And until I was slid in farther, I could look-up and see the timer counting-down in bright neon green numbers like a microwave display. One leg fell asleep, while the one under the pile of stuff started spasming because of the weight on the kneecap. I managed to slip the cord of the call button into my left hand to give it something to hold, and held the valve/pump in my right, but I kept wanting to place my arms over my chest/clasp my hands. It was so quiet even though there was a lot of noise. And after the first few pictures I started to be hit by melancholy thoughts & how alone I feel. Normally I try to concentrate on surrounding noises for distraction, but the MRI sounds seemed to be one of those that the brain tends to block-out. I remember reading or hearing recently about how the ability to filter-out noises is one of the first skills a baby learns in the womb. Like how you have to concentrate to hear a clock ticking, even if you are alone in a room with it. So all I had was the muffled sounds of myself that I could hear with the headphones closed around my ears/jaw. I started tearing-up a bit, and the tightening of my chest made my asthma want me to cough. So I ended-up holding my breathe to suppress the cough and so until I calmed-down I was in there freezing, trying not to cough, and hearing my heart beating in my ears. I got so I was bothered by the weight of the heavy headphone cord on my chest, and was grasping the call button cord tightly. But I did calm-down before they slid me back out, so I spent the last bit taking slow breaths, and trying to doze-off (I had no idea how much time was passing once I couldn't see the timer). It was so cold though that I couldn't relax too much, and by then my nose was running from the fan air, and my ears were hot/itchy from the headphones. Eventually a technologist told me they were just going to look over the images, then pull me out. The first thing I did was rub/wipe my eyes with the back of my hand (not wanting evidence of tears), and started to stretch my arms. I had to wait until they got the stuff off my leg though, and collected the pads before I could do too much though. I was so stiff when I swung around/strode up, and my right leg had fallen asleep. I got my glasses and was sent to go change again. I was so, so cold that I regretted not wearing a hoodie or jacket. I also had a hella hard time getting my stiff/cold hands to unlock/open my locker :/

My mom was still around when I finally left the magnet room, and quit ready to drive back. But there is a kiosk/food stand in the lobby that sells beverages/sandwiches/sweets, so I offered to buy her a tea if she'd wait so I could get one. I also got a roast-beef sandwich because I figured I should eat something before the long car ride back (I get car sick anyway, but still had nausea/heartburn).--And I convinced my mom to have a pumpkin cookie (I got one too, but stepped on it by accident in the car). I also got a chance to gawk at the art the hospital had on display/for sale and took pictures of a forest scene & an apple. And then we started to head back, but June called and asked to have one of those 3M adhesive remover pens picked-up from Staples, so I had an excuse to also buy a pack of Pilot Frixion pens. They are erasable gel pens, and the colours are very vibrant. I was using a purple one a lot, but I have no idea where it went (I suspect Lydia), and every store I found that sells them single was out of purple or not getting anymore in. So though I already have 2 maroon-ish ones, and a black, I now have a 6-pack with; purple, pink, sky blue, orange, lime green, & maroon. And in the $1 bin were mini legal pads, so I got a pack of 3 too (I prefer to write on yellow legal pads). I missed getting to Foodland on the way back (it was almost 10:00P< by the time we got to Middleton), but I did get to go to Subway so I had food for the next day (a foot-long Italian BMT, honey oat, toasted, bacon, Monterrey Jack, cucumber, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, and cut into 4 pieces). She finally dropped me off at my residence around 10:30PM o_o And in all that time I StreetPassed with no-one, and had "A View To A Kill" stuck in my head.


The rest of the pictures I uploaded can be found {HERE}.

I also took pictures of some Batman stuff for alchemy_hisoka, that I might as well share here too.
Tags: bats, food, health, picture

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.